Sunday, October 04, 2009

Relationships.

Aren't they horrendously complicated? Not to mention messy, painful, and rather more like childbirth that one would like to admit (except you'd hope a relationship's length isn't measured in hours!)

Two of my friends are in a relationship, L and A. I knew they were long before today's Facebook status alerted me to the official happy news. They never told me, even went as far to obscure certain details so I wouldn't know, but somehow I just knew. Perhaps it's some hidden Girl Instinct I didn't know about.

I am happy for them. If there's anyone that can handle A, it's L (and vice versa). They're both emotionally fragile (in different ways), so hopefully they will look after each other.

However, L frequently blogs about A. Not just the kind of crap I write, about how I still have a partner who I love or want to bone, but the kind of stuff you ought to be telling your partner first, not the internet and all your friends. Shortcomings and whatnot. I assume that this means A doesn't have the address to the blog. This is fine, you're entitled to hide whatever you want or need to in a relationship. But... I just hope that L isn't scared to say to A that there are something things that could be improved on, and isn't just going to blog about them forever.

~~~

In other news, back at uni, and the summer holiday, once again, seems to have simply not existed. I feel slightly disconnected from debating, and I suppose getting back into the pattern might make me feel something again, but... I dunno. I don't go out drinking with them, and I am definitely not interested in pub crawls, and I feel like if I'm not in the exec, I'm not really an integral part of the society. I also feel like I'm at the fringes of Pride, despite being on the exec. Again, don't drink a lot, don't like clubs and dark places. I just like to sit, chat, and get to know a person's story. Given that most outgoing people at uni do love their drink, it's a little hard sometimes. I just don't want to drink as much as I used to. It's expensive, you lose hours of your memory, and I don't even need to go on.

Time to go downstairs, make some tasteh tasteh food!

No comments:

Post a Comment