Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Follow the fold, and stray no more...

Yes, I'm blogging about Obama. More accurately, I'm talking about America [fuck yeah!]

It's quite scary how important the right US President is. Basically, he's as close as you can get to being ruler of the world without being it. Let me explain.

Global economy hinges on its strongest players. The US is one of them. Of course, we know this now that they screwed up with credit and Iceland's collapsed and Northern Rock is a shell of its former sexy self.

Global relations rely on, roughly speaking, people being nice to each other. So, when the US goes around "liberating" and then having to sit in countries because their "democratic" processes just cause rebels to go "lol, whut?" and bomb civilians, it's not really giving them many friends - not just for the countries they go into, but the Western states they'd hoped to have as allies who turned on them.

Economy and Iraq are two of the biggest issues for voters. So, not only do American voters need to be smart for themselves, they need to be smart for us.

~~~

I was quite surprised to find out how many people actually support McCain. To a certain, albeit small, extent, I can see how Obama's lack of experience can look like a poor choice compared to an experienced war veteran with a sexy running mate. [I am not the only one! I promise. A few of my friends would too.]

But... I like Obama. I don't know very much about his policies except what the Economist say about him, and that he wants out of Iraq.

I like him because having a black President will be amazing, and getting out of Iraq is good too. That, and he's cute.

I hope that the American voters pick better reasons than my shallow ones for voting for who they do. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment