So, what's been happening? Lots, I guess.
D and I have been cuddleh-snuggleh, and that has been so awesome-cool. Sometimes, I just look at him, and go Zomg! cos he's well cute, innit.
Warwick Debating Society had their [infamous?] Term 1 internal competition. It was a truncated version of a regular IV [debating competition with other unis] except we had two rounds, no semi final, just a break to final. The style of debating we do is in pairs; freshers were allowed to pick another fresher to pair with, and everybody else who didn't or couldn't pick was put into the random pool.
I got paired up with Jonny, who's basically the best fresher and also THE TALLEST BOY IN THE WORLD. He's about 6'4. Our team was named "Little and Large" - lol. I realised we had a really good chance of breaking to the final, which was a bit nerve-making, because I am pretty scared of success.
The two rounds came and went. I was pretty unconfident about how I did, unsurprisingly. So, when they announced the top four teams, and Little and Large was announced third, I was shocked!
The final was... hilarous. We were debating the motion "This House Would Enforce Condom Usage In Pornography", and we were opposing it. I got to talk for 7 minutes about porn, and wanking. Hooray!
We didn't win. But, Jonny won Best Novice, which made me pleased, because even though he was the one that made himself the best, your partner can either improve you or drag you down, so I was pleased that we worked well together. I might even go to Leeds/York IV with him, and chillax and whatnot. :)
For some reason, I got really ill for a bit last night! Super weird. I had a headache, then I felt sick and weak, and bright lights hurt my eyes... I got round Tesco for some bits and then collapsed and fell asleep for a little while. After a couple hours of sleep, I felt much better. :)
Assignments are EVIL AND MUST DIE. Or, just... go away! Nargh.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment