Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Current knitting status [writing it out is scary!]

Unfinished Projects:
  • Matching beanie hat and skinny scarf, for myself. Thick yarn, big needles. So far, the hat's done. The scarf is growing quickly, and I plan to have that done before the end of next week.
  • Matching beanie hat and skinny scarf, for Mother. This will be time consuming: thin yarn, tiny needles, and colour changes. She wants red, gold and green, so it's tough to put a timeline on this one. Probably Christmas, given that uni means I have less knitting time.
  • Scarf for my brother: Not particularly thin yarn, but with the colour changes, still means it'll take a while. I've been "working" on this scarf for years. It's more accurate to say it was on hiatus. Now I'm back into knitting, I can really start again on it.
Planned projects with supplies on hand:
  • Red hat for Daddy. He's been using a hat I wore when I was four as his gardening hat for the past 15 years. I think it's time he got a new one, don't you?
  • Black hat for the brother. He just wanted a black hat.
Planned projects, no supplies yet:
  • Jayne Hats. This is a "sometime in the future, no idea when, let's see how it goes." Those earflaps look tricky!
And... of course, I have about twenty other balls of yarn of varying sizes, colours, styles.

*sigh*

Maybe I should find a Knitters Anonymous in my area. They can help me through this tough period in my life.


EDIT: The first item in the list is complete! I rejoiced. I rejoiced a lot more than a girl should after knitting. Now, onto the second...

No comments:

Post a Comment