Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Obama marks"?

I was talking to my father this morning on MSN. He's getting a lot better now; he had a really bad cold and I was a bit worried, cos I wasn't really able to see him and stuff.

He asked me how work was, and I told him it was okay. There's not much more I can say than that, really. He knows that I've done So Well at school, and if I'm not getting that 100%, it just means I need to work harder. I don't know if he's ever wondered if I'm not capable of reaching it... I know I have so many times...

He had to leave, so he said goodbye, and told me to "keep reaching for Obama marks".

He's said it a few times before... somehow making this assumption that because a black man can become president in a country like America, I will suddenly be motivated to try that bit harder...

Not really. I want to do well for me... I already know that I have more opportunities than my father did, simply due to location and time. I'm trying to do as well as I can, but Obama's not really motivating me to get my essay done, or work out that M-code for Numerical Analysis. He just makes me less embarrassed to have erotic dreams featuring the POTUS.

*sigh*

Sometimes, I don't really get him...

1 comment:

  1. LOL.

    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

    Oh god. I just watched the West Wing and suddenly POTUS is everywhere! I'm not sure how I feel about erotic dreams featuring the aforementioned parties, but I guess it's gotta be better than role playing featuring Prince Charles and Camilla (watch gavin and stacey at all? if not, you should. HILARIOUS!).

    We'll both work harder, yeah?

    ReplyDelete