Sometimes, you fuck it up. *shrug* It happens. Pretty often when it comes to me, in fact.
Then you find something wonderful, inside all the mess and entanglements.
I found... a soulmate, I think. We went to dinner last night, Tristan and I, and we talked honestly and we came out the other side. We were both scared, I think, that we'd have just landed on two different opinions that were fundamentally incompatible. But, we didn't.
Of course, everyone at debating jokes that we're this clear obvious why-are-they-not-dating couple, and yet we both agreed we'd be a terrible partnership. But, as friends, it's perfect. We need each other, and we give each other what the other need.
He's my favourite person in the world right now. I can see myself being just as close to him after graduation, and beyond. I will miss him so much when he leaves.
There's still a lot of cleaning up to do, and things that need time to heal, but I am pretty pleased to find that life can throw up something immensely awesome even when you fuck up.
Thursday, March 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete