I wish I had more confidence. I wish I was braver.
I have... so much I want to say. So much I want to be. I wanted to be queen of the world when I was younger. I've taken my ambitions down a notch - I just want a nice life now. But...
I'm scared! Am I good enough to reach for what I want?
The answer is: of course I'm good enough to try and reach for what I want! Whether I can actually achieve it is irrelevant. Everyone's entitled to try to reach for the stars.
~~~
Being away from David, and away from my own place, is getting to me a bit... I made my dad a shopping list of Proper Food to buy, because all we had was square white value bread, a variety of boxes in the freezer and cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.
We have some real chicken - chicken breasts, not those tiny chicken pieces from the freezer. I managed to find some frozen veggies, and I got Dad to buy some more, and some ham, and soup, and it's cool. I feel better now that I have some familiar foods around.
~~~
Argh! Essay, essay. I don't know anything about rings and ideals, and they are ESSENTIAL to my essay. Good grief.
I hope that I will be able to turn out a good piece of work. I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be going for, but I'm scared to email the lecturer in case it's just... totally not right.
More fear, more fear.
~~~
To finish, a quote from Ratatouille, one of the best Pixar films I've seen:
I would've followed the recipe, I would've followed your advice. I would've followed your advice 'til the ends of the Earth because I love you...r advice.
So cute. <3

No comments:
Post a Comment