The median and modal age of the employees at the shop I work in is seventeen. A lot of them work the occasional 10 hour shift (8am to 6pm). However, it's been called to the attention of management in our store that under 18s shouldn't be doing this. So, all the shifts have had to be shuffled around to accommodate this change. The upside of this is that I get an extra shift next week, and potentially more shifts in general!
They've started to accept me at work. They show this mostly by good-naturedly teasing me. They ask me a lot if I have swans and ducks in the lake in my back garden, because I'm posh. I always felt a bit different from all of them, because they almost revelled in their lack of a good GCSE grade in Maths (D was the highest). But... they seem like quite nice people, really, and it's not horrible to work with them at all.
I kinda have a mini-crush on a girl I work with. She's pretty and generally quite nice.
Pay day is coming in a week's time!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment