Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kennedy-fail.

Ted Kennedy had life fail a couple of days ago. This made me feel a little bit sad.

It wasn't because of his seniority in the Senate, or all the good work he did in his career, or the end of an era of Kennedy presence in American politics. Oh no.

My first thought was the movie When Harry Met Sally. I was thinking of the bit just after "Baby fish mouth!" when Harry and Sally are talking to Jess and Marie respectively about the dates they brought to the little gathering. And, Harry's dating someone quite a bit younger than him. And he says to Jess, "I asked her where she was when Kennedy was shot, and she said, 'Ted Kennedy was shot?'" which causes Jess to giggle.

And, that was my very first thought when I heard that Ted Kennedy had died.

No comments:

Post a Comment