Sunday, August 16, 2009

This post is about my body!

(So be warned.)

I had my one-on-one gym induction today. Expecting a Ben-Stiller-from-Dodgeball kinda man, it was a slight surprise to find my instructor, Matt, was a guy who looked pretty normal, and not scary at all.

We talked about goals. He did all my measurements; I decided not to look until just before I go back to uni, see if progress has been made. He took me through a workout routine - it was hard. I'm so madly unfit, it's quite embarrassing. After five minutes on bike, treadmill and crosstrainer, and a small set of reps on a couple weight machines, I was ready to go home already. I only did a half workout as well. Tomorrow, my first proper workout, will be challenging.

It's about a mile from my house, the gym. So, walking there and back is two miles extra walking already, and that's before I've even worked out. The plan is that I'll be able to keep up with the boys walking to lectures without moaning!

I have a headache. I wish I had some cake. Victoria sponge, perhaps. Or, a regular vanilla nutmeg loaf. Should I make a cake now? I'm not sure I can be bothered, sadly. Cake is a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment