Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another corporation-endorsed day to celebrate a group of people.

This Sunday, it's mothers. Despite the rubbish and the fail on occasions, she's been okay. We've managed to have some proper conversations when I've come home from university. I'm still her daughter, but I'm also an adult too, and I think she's starting to respect that.

I got her a weird Egyptian god ornament for the mantelpiece. She loves that kinda stuff. Last year for her birthday, I got her a set of Chinese ornamental vases, and she liked those too. (Thank fuck to the 99p store.) I also got her a card, with some words I thought she might like too. It basically was, "Yay, Mom."

After the thanks and stuff, Mom and my brother (Dave) went to go prepare for church. Dave was like, "Come with us to church, come with us," and Mom was just telling him, "Get ready, get ready."

Now, is this her way of appreciating I don't want to come to church with us, and not really being able to say it directly? Am I being taken pseudo-seriously as an adult? Or was she simply trying to get Dave to shower?

Whatever. I'm not really bothered either way. I feel good today. However, it's not even 9am. Still got plenty of time to make today rubbish. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment