When we went on the last cruise, Dad decided to film lots of bits of it. A few weeks ago, he asked me if it was possible to send video clips as email attachments, because he wanted the family in the Caribbean to see them. I told him that, since the files were several hundred megabytes each, that it wouldn't work very well.
He then asked if I could make a DVD for him to send. I said, yes, a DVD is possible.
So, I started work. He'd put all the video clips on the PC for me to sort, then I began to import them into Windows Movie Maker. All was well, and I got the first section done.
Next time I tried to work, the video clips would play, but there was no audio. The speakers were quite happy to scare me half to death with Rihanna though. So, I couldn't do anything, and I left it.
This morning, Dad tells me to do the DVD thing again, and he won't tell me again. (Something tells me that making this DVD is payment for Audrey's replacement charger.) So, I go downstairs, still no audio. I tell him this. He says, "Can you have a look at it?"
I open the original files, I open the Movie Maker, no sound from the video anywhere. I tell him this repeatedly.
He then says, "Can you - oh, forget it. Leave it. Just go."
I say, "Tell me what you want me to do. I can't do anything for you unless you finish your question?"
He then says, "Can you just have another look at it?"
Most helpful question ever?!
So, now I'm on Google, and it turns out that no audio is a fairly common problem, but finding the correct solution will take a little while - something about finding the right codec. I really don't have time for this. I want to spend time with my friends, and have a little holiday in my holiday, but I have this essay to write, this revision to do, and honestly, I don't want to do this DVD. Can I just do it in the summer, or some other time where I have no responsibilities?
I don't have the time for this.
Best thing is, he says, "If this was your project, you'd spend all the time you could on it."
Yes. At a time convenient for me!! >_<
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment