I bought my first copy of Diva today. I've been thumbing through it... seems okay.
I always keep forgetting things about lesbanim gay queer type women people. They're usually frighteningly feminist. That's a bit weird for me. Being a debater kinda kicked out most of my views on anything, so I don't immediately side with feminists because I was born female.
I might do a review of what I read after I'm done, I might not. Either way, it's fun to read.
They had a brief article featuring the two girls in the lesbian subplot in the current series of Skins. The writers did a surprisingly good job over it! The dialogue is a little stiff and forced at times, but the way the plot's developed in their case has been interesting, and it's the kind of thing that happens.
The rest of the plot is a mad mess. Let's see...
Cook is sleeping with Effy, who loves Freddie, who loves Effy, but is sleeping with Katie, who is Emily's twin sister. Emily is beginning to date Naomi, but Emily has slept with JJ, who wants to be friends with both Cook and Freddie, but they're mad with each other over Effy. Then, there's Pandora (or Panda, as she is often called), who lost her virginity to Cook within a day of her boyfriend, Thomas, had left the country. Thomas came back, Cook told him that him and Pandora had been sleeping together.
Why do I watch this stuff! It's just madness, Spartan quantities thereof.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment