Cycle 11 aired its first two episodes together on Wednesday night over the pond, and due to the magic of Youtube, I was able to watch them on Thursday morning, before I went to work.
Cycle 10 sucked, to be blunt. There were a couple girls I liked, but there seemed to be much more footage of "bitcheh bitcheh bitcheh" than usual; maybe time just dragged a lot more! I think that the girls just had less talent, really. A lot of them just *wanted* to be a model, and hadn't really learnt anything about it beforehand. There was one girl, Anya. Stunning, but as empty as an egg cup. I mean, we're talking about stereotypical model-blonde dumb. She was just so... it was incredible how dumb she sounded sometimes. And, she shares my birthday! She was born on the same day in the same year as I was. She's a nascent model; I'm a nascent mathematician [and wannabe model. Ha!] It's really weird to think about where other people born on my birthday have managed to reach with the time we've had.
[Aside: I just spend a little while looking at a blog of hot Russian girls who are famous somehow: models, actresses, etc. If I had a collar, I'd be so hot under it!]
So, what do I think of Cycle 11 so far?
I'm already starting to have a couple favourites. I love this cute French girl, Marjorie. She's just... so nervous and quiet and cute on screen. Sadly, they're not qualities that will make A Top Model, as Tyra would say.
Isis is probably the most talked about girl in the house. Isis is a transwoman, pre-op, who was discovered after being a homeless person / set prop last cycle in a photoshoot. Man, she was fiiiieeeerce! The judges thought There's Something About Isis, but didn't know until Tyra said. She takes a great picture, and seems to be less vacuous than some of the other girls. Of course, some girls don't care about Isis' presence in the all-female competition, others do.
Best quote from the show so far: "It's not a closeminded view, it's just traditional." [It's worth blogging about on its own later, methinks.]
The overall theme of the episode was.... hilarious. It was like cheap Star Trek, 6os and 70s visions of the future, complete with silver rooms, panels with lots and lots of buttons and awful CGI effects. And TyraBot.
*sigh*
I'm hoping that it doesn't stay this naff. My addiction to Top Model ensures that I will be a loyal viewer till the very end. So, if it's interesting to watch, it'll be more fun.
On the plus side, hot girls! Yay. I can always just turn down the sound and watch.
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment