Saturday, September 06, 2008

{Family interactions} intersection {Pleasant experiences} is not the empty set.

I'm wandering around at about 1am, thinking about eating toast and drinking some OJ, when mom calls, asks me what I'm doing, she reminds me to turn off the bathroom light when I come up again. She comes downstairs to make herself some green tea.

She tells me about the egg-free mayo she's trying out, and how she wants to be vegan.

I ask her what she's planning to do this weekend, and we implicitly agree to go clothes shopping.

She takes some Hobnobs, and I mention that I'm planning on baking cookies. We start to talk about desserts, she tells me about the apple crumble cake they served at work, and how she was thinking of baking scones.

I tell her which days I'm planning on working, and that I'm taking Sunday and Tuesday off. She tells me she didn't think I'd make it through the job at all, and fully expected me to quit. I suggest she makes chocolate brioche pudding [which is essentially bread and butter pudding, made with brioche instead of bread, and melted chocolate and butter instead of raisins in the middle]. She agrees it is definitely a cause for some celebration.

We sit at the breakfast table while she's waiting for her green tea to brew. We pull out a couple cookery books and thumb through them, talking about ideas of what to bake. She tells me about her failed attempt at an egg-free coconut cake, and how when she was younger she made a coconut variation on rock cake, and she might try that again.

We start to talk about my moving into the house for university. I mention that I might move in installments - move in with minimal things on Monday, and come back for whatever else I can over the weekend. She thinks it's a very good idea.

I tell her I'm thinking of buying things from Ikea, like clothes storage. She immediately says no, grabs the Argos catalogue and flicks to the furniture page, pointing out a couple things that look like they might be useful.

Her tea has brewed and is cooling. She takes it upstairs, and I say goodnight.

~~~

I would be rather ^_^, but sadly I am just far too tired to do this. I had a very exhausting set of MSN conversations involving Fail Ex, the friend of Fail Ex whose clothes I still have, and a set of brutal honesties that hopefully have pushed Fail Ex into the right direction. If not, I'll probably punch him. And I wouldn't be the only one...

No comments:

Post a Comment