I was watching Maury again; no babydaddy drama this time, it was about Opposite Couples. There were a few short-tall couples, young-old ones [we're talking, college-geriatric here]...
There were a few men who were dating morbidly obese women, and they were both just talking about how sexy their women were, and how Big IS Beautiful.
When you get that big, it's unhealthy. I don't think it's always beautiful.
I am shallow, I admit that. I've dated people and just wished they were a *little bit* cuter, or taller. I've never actually really thought that I was dating someone that was too heavy. I kinda like a little cuddliness when it comes to potential partners. Too skinny, and it's just like hugging bones.
But... still, healthy is beautiful. I know, it must be difficult to be obese, and being told by society that they are second-class citizen that caused their own problems. I wouldn't look down on someone because they're overweight. But... to see a morbidly obese woman in lingerie on national [US] television, letting everyone know... It's not sexy, or beautiful to me. To be fair, ANYONE doing that on Maury, hot or not, isn't going to rate highly in my books.
I'll just stick to watching the babydaddy episodes. Nothing better than a bunch of people being a million percent sure that X or Y is the father, and then realising that it's neither.
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The partners of those women are always a bit... peculiar, in a bad way.
ReplyDeleteIf I were them I'd be dieting, just to check whether I was being seen as a person or a fetish...